Hi, I’m Lynn. Welcome to my Blog, Nourish and Nestle.
In a nutshell, this blog is where I share how I spend my days. I’m a chronic, habitual (and often times failed) crafter. I’m that gal who sees something and says, “I can do that!” and then I set out to do it, often willy-nilly, and without a plan. I was raised by two crafters, so I guess I come by it honestly.
I am also a firm believer in ‘we are what we eat’ and feed my family accordingly. Food should nourish your body and so I avoid anything that doesn’t do that. My loose motto is ‘if it comes from the earth, I’ll eat it; if it comes from a lab, I won’t”
- I live in beautiful Wilmington, North Carolina
- I have been married for 30 years to Terry, my life and blog partner.
- We have a beautiful & kind daughter who is a student at UNC-Chapel Hill and a handsome & hilarious son who is still in high school
- Our family is completed by the addition of Flora (aka ‘the Pretty Princess”), who just also happens to be ‘practically perfect in every way’ and Puddles (whose nicknames aren’t very nice as she’s not very nice) and is not ‘practically perfect in every way.’ Can you tell which is which? Just a hint, the Pretty Princess DOES NOT have a rip in her ear that she got from the many cat-fights she’s been in! Oh, that’s two hints!
- I grew up travelling the world as a Navy junior and my family shares my love of travel. We are always planning our ‘next trip’.
- I love to create, whether it’s a great meal, a knitted project, a painting or another pretty thing for our home. I’m a bit at a loss without a current project of some sort.
- I want a home that friends and family feel comfortable and ‘nestled’ in.
- I’d have to say that my decorating style is ‘eclectic’ and that a decorating ‘challenge’ is that I don’t have a favorite color. I like them all and use them all! The more the merrier!
- I’ll always opt for asymmetry over symmetry.
- I believe firmly in the healing power of spray paint!
- I’m very focused on what we put into our bodies. I believe in eating as close to the earth and as far from a lab as possible.
- Terry and I enjoy our hobby of organic gardening, an equally frustrating and rewarding endeavor in the hot and humid southeast.
- I think my family is deeply embarrassed over my obsession with ‘The Walking Dead’ and the poster of Darryl I have hanging in my office. (They’ll sing a different tune when the Zombie apocalypse happens and I’m the only one of us knows what to do!)
I hope you will come often and bring your thoughts and suggestions. We’ll share our virtual cup of coffee or tea and catch up on what’s going on. Get new Nourish and Nestle posts sent directly to your inbox by using our email signup form on this page.
In addition to joining this little digital family, I’d love for you to hop on to my social media sites and follow me there as well. You can do that by clicking on the buttons on right side of this page.
And finally, I’d love to hear from you! Drop me a line at email@example.com and I promise I’ll get right back to you.