Caught my eye (June 5, 2015)
Hope this has been a good week for you and yours. Its a beautiful day today here in Southeastern North Carolina! Here’s some of the web’s blog offerings that caught my eye this week:
- I have gone been fairly gluten-free for the past 2-3 years. As I’ve gotten older, I noticed that after eating bread or pasta, I’d feel like I had a brick sitting in my stomach for several hours after I ate. Without a doubt, cutting the gluten in my diet has helped me lose and maintain my weight, as well as just feel better. Before this transition away from grains, I’d have a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Now, I really don’t even want cereal, toast or similar items first thing in the morning. I usually have greek yogurt and fruit, but every now and then, I like something different. This Lemony Quinoa Breakfast Bowl from Vegetarian Times looks filling and refreshing, especially in the summer.
- This Chicken Salad with Avocados, Corn and Miso dressing from Serious Eats looks like dinner for tomorrow night. What a great and unexpected twist. And cooking the chicken inside a ziploc bag? Wow…who would’ve thought.
- We will be outfitting a college dorm room this fall. These bean bag chairs look fun.
- Following Kat at My Untangled Life as she pursues The.Perfect.Chocolate.Chip.Cookie. There are many scientific and research projects going on throughout our world, but few with such far reaching implications.
- well+GOOD has a great article about foods with surprising benefits for the health of your brain. Luckily for us, chocolate is on the list! All the more reason for Kat to continue her chocolate chip cookie research!
Hope your weekend is great!
Right now, subscribers to Nourish and Nestle will receive a free, downloadable Measuring Equivalents Chart overlaid on a watercolor lemon. You can see it here. Sign up to our email list (on my right sidebar) and we’ll send it to your inbox within 24 hours! If you are already a subscriber and would like a lemon measuring equivalents chart, send us an email with ‘lemon chart’ in the subject line and we’ll send you one too!
Please come visit again. The easiest and most convenient way is to sign up on our email list and whenever there is anything new, we’ll send Nourish and Nestle updates directly to your inbox.
Until next time,
You Might Also Like: