My Favorite Things: Gift Ideas
Well my friends, no need for mass hysteria, but Christmas Eve is literally driving down the street; not quite to the driveway, that’ll be next week.
Do you have all your shopping done? All your presents wrapped? Your Christmas Cards ordered? If you answered to ‘yes’ to all of the following, you can skip this post.
However, if, like me, you’ve been out sailing on the good ship ‘ U.S.S. Procrastination’, this post is for you. Not only are there some great gift ideas in this post, but my sister-friends from No Place Like Home also have provided some of their great gift ideas.
Links to their posts will be at the bottom of this page.
AND…because it is Monday and you are my favorite people, in addition to some great gift ideas for you to give, I also have a gift for you.
Yup…🎄🎄Christmas is coming a bit early today!🎄🎄 My friends at Minted are giving 3 of my readers a $100 credit for their next order!!🎄🎄 Can you say…’HELLO free (or almost free) BEAUTIFUL Christmas Cards’? The link for this giveaway will be at the bottom of this post.
Thanks to Minted for sponsoring this post and providing this fantastic giveaway. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
While normally I would have 75% of my shopping done and my Christmas Cards ordered by now, I am woefully behind schedule because…well…life. So, I’ve been spending some time on the web browsing for ideas. I have compiled some of my favorites and figured if you’re anything like me, you could use a few good gift ideas.
On the Christmas Card front, I’ve been searching Minted’s site and have put several cards in my ‘favorites’ file. I’m all about photo cards for Christmas because I so love seeing the faces of my friends and family each year. When Kate comes home next week, we’ll get some pictures taken and then I’ll nail down my Christmas card.
One of the reasons I love to shop at Minted is that they do such a great job using art from artists around the globe. As such, they have created a ‘shop’ with an incredible variety of great options in cards, art, gifts and housewares. You can really find something for every taste at Minted.
The quality of their cards is top notch as they use thick, high quality paper, and offer foil-pressed and letterpress formats of many of their cards as well. And guess what else? If you buy cards from them and upload your recipient addresses, they will address all the envelopes for you! Ba-da-bing!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links to products I use, love and highly recommend. If you purchase any product through this site, I may be compensated, but you do not pay one penny more. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
Here are my top choices from their new collection. I can’t decide whether to have the photo inside of the card (like the first two options) or on the front of the card…what do you think?
I’m taking votes…which do you like?
As it relates to the gift guides, I was only going to list some of my favorite things, but then I realized it’s Christmas and Holiday Party time!
So, since I needed to round up some hostess gifts of my own, you get a bonus gift guide! I do try to have a little stash of these gifts for those ‘just in case’ situations, but my stash has been depleted so it’s time to build it back up.
- Rifle Paper Note Cards or Thank-You Cards, because…Rifle Paper Company! I always love their designs and colors. I have several of their sets of note cards and it just makes a simple note or thank-you a little more special.
- Food for Friends, The Art of Simple Gathering by Leela Cyd. The pictures alone make this a lovely gift, but then there are the delightful recipes and hints.
- Wine Stoppers…because you can never have too many and remember that an elephant with it’s trunk up means good luck!
- These State and College Dishtowels by Catstudios are so darned neat. I was given one representing my alma mater as a hostess gift recently and it is such a lovely and unique gift. It is fun to see all your favorite places and hangouts so nicely detailed. And…and this is a big thing to me…the dishtowels come in their own white linen envelope, making the gift that much more special for the presentation of it. Catstudios also produces pillows with the same State and College motif. Go check them out.
- Rifle Paper Company Coasters. Because you can never have too many products from Rifle Paper Company…am I right?
And finally, these are a few of my favorite things that I love and use on a regular basis.
- Oh swoon….My Kitchenaid Mixer. Truth be told, mine is 20 years old , a bit on the small side and I’d LOVE to replace it with this one…but how do I justify that when it works perfectly fine? They are such workhorse and if you like to bake and don’t have one…put it on your list. If you know someone who bakes and doesn’t have one, you’d be a rock star of the day if you gifted this to them. Just saying
- This Thirty-One Large Utility Tote is the bee’s knees. I can take it in to Costco or the grocery store and put my stuff right in it. When it’s not in use, it stays in my car and I fill it up as I run my errands. When I return home, I just have one bag to carry in. I have given them as gifts several times and the recipient always thanks me after they’ve had a chance to use it and see its utility. .
- A good wooden salad bowl is just so nice to have, especially when making a delicious Caesar Salad. My Caesar Salad recipe specifically instructs me to rub garlic along the inside of a wooden salad bowl…just not the same thing with ceramic or glass.
- Ah, Sharpies. May seem like a silly thing to be on a ‘Favorite Things’ list, but I use my Sharpies so often that I end up replacing them every year to year and a half. I use both the fine point and the medium point on a regular basis. When both my kiddos were home, they were in constant use for school projects, posters, etc. I use the fine point for addressing envelopes and labels when I want a little crisp color.
- This Wusthof serrated knife is my go to knife for most of the cutting I do in the kitchen. I have considered getting a second, but think that might be a bit too ‘indulgent’, so I struggle through with just one. 😉 If I had to evacuate and could only take a small number of items from my kitchen, this knife would be at the top of the list.
- Who doesn’t need warm hands in the winter!? And if your gloves just happen to be a dynamic plaid AND monogrammed…that’s a win-win-win in my book.
- Truth time…I don’t actually have a painting of my home…yet. It’s on my wishlist though and I think it’d be a perfect gift for so many occasions.
- Digital Frame…We will never be without our digital frame sitting on our counter and scrolling through the events of our lives on a regular basis. We often stop during the day to relive and remember an event that just flashed on the screen, often backing up the scroll to share it with someone else in the kitchen. Ours has in excess of 1000 photos on it, so it’s rare when I see the same one on the same day.
OK, I really wasn’t looking for gifts for Pet Lovers, but then I saw this Disc Jockey Scratching Post and I just don’t think I can resist. Looks like Sweet (not) Puddles will be rapping and scratching this Christmas.
- For all you ‘cat people’ out there…you know who you are. These stemless wine glasses are for you.
- and 3. are for those of us who can’t quite put coats and sweaters on their dogs, but still like them to look spiffy. And how convenient that you can coordinate your dog’s collar with their leash!?
- THAT Scratching Pad! Are you kidding me? There is also a Tank, a Plane a ‘Cat’illac , as well as several other clever ideas.
- So, I really need one of these Pet Seat Covers. Flora likes to go with me every morning when I take Rob to school. And while I love that pup with all my heart, I don’t especially love the hair she leaves behind on my car floor mats.
- These are so handy and make it easy to be a ‘responsible’ pet owner.
So, before you leave today, I’ve put a few things on your to-do list, because…(just ask Terry) I’m really good at creating to-do lists and we all need more things on our to-do list, right?
- Make sure you pop over here and enter for 1 of the 3 $100 credits at Minted! Due to certain promotional laws, this giveaway will only be open to U.S. residents. The giveaway will run until 11:59 pm PDT on 11/28. (Thank you Minted!)
- Check out the other gift guides from my friends (right below)
- Get your shopping list made to take advantage of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales! Happy Shopping!
Gifts for the Star Wars Fan, Hey Fitzy
Gifts for Hostesses and My Favorite Things Nourish and Nestle
Gifts for everyone on your list, The Red Painted Cottage
Gifts for the whole family, Sweet Parrish Place
Gifts for ladies, A Home To Grow Old In
Gifts for gadget lover, The Aspiring Home
Gifts for the kitchen, Savvy Apron
Thanks for stopping by to visit today, I appreciate you more than you’ll ever know. And when you leave a comment…ah, it makes my heart sing!
I have published printable PDFs of several of my most popular knit patterns and printables and have made those available to all of my subscribers. Come back and check every now and again. I will continue to add patterns and printables to this page as we go along.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle using the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit. Or, you can subscribe by clicking the box right below. I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library, but if you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time,