And I say to you, I have also decided to stick with love, for I know that love is ultimately the only answer to humankind’s problems. And I’m going to talk about it everywhere I go. I know it isn’t popular to talk about it in some circles today. And I’m not talking about emotional bosh when I talk about love; I’m talking about a strong, demanding love. For I have seen too much hate. […] and I say to myself that hate is too great a burden to bear. I have decided to love. If you are seeking the highest good, I think you can find it through love. And the beautiful thing is that we aren’t moving wrong when we do it, because John was right, God is love. He who hates does not know God, but he who loves has the key that unlocks the door to the meaning of ultimate reality. Dr. Martin Luther King, Atlanta, 1967
Happy Monday my friends!
- We enjoyed a delightful weekend, capped off by a delicious dinner last night with my parents. I made this shortrib recipe, using boneless beef short ribs. I served the short ribs over grits to which I added some grated Gruyere. If you need a soul-warming, rib-sticking, deeply satisfying dinner on a cold January night…this was perfect.
- Hmmm…this gave me pause. I find myself becoming more and more reliant on my ‘device’…not that it isn’t handy, but at the same time, I don’t want to let my actions be controlled by complete strangers.
- In the dark and cold of winter, I appreciate my indoor houseplants all the more. Here is a list of those that grow well in low lights.
- And if you have loved 4-legged family members, it’s smart to know which of those houseplants can be toxic and which are safe. Two resources…here is a list of the most toxic and this list covers the safety of a slew of plants.
- And in breaking news…this will soothe the never-ending argument between husbands and wives around the world…a wall-mount TV that looks like a framed picture when it is off!
Make it a great week my lovely friends! We’re busy behind the scenes here at N&N central…lots of fun things in the works. Please send productivity vibes my way.