Good Monday Morning my lovely friends!
This is the first Monday Musings of 2019! (Can we get a little fanfare in the background?)
Have you jumped on the decluttering and organizing bandwagon yet? In truth, I seem to go through a serious purge and organize every year around this time and this year is no different. The whole ‘starting the new year afresh’ thing I guess.
Terry took our youngest back to school this past Tuesday and I don’t think they were out of the neighborhood when I started in on his space. Our local library was the beneficiary of 40+ young adult books.
Some of these links may be affiliate links and I may earn a small commission off of the sale of these products, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
- While I re-cover the cushions for our outdoor furniture, I am savoring the last 2 episodes of Season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel…Ugh…a whole year to wait until Season 3!
- Did you see Mary Queen of Scots? That is so my kind of movie. But poor Mary, she just didn’t stand a chance. I am always amazed that queens and rulers like Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria and Catherine the Great ruled so successfully hundreds of years ago, yet we are still struggling with the glass ceiling today!
- If you struggle with paint colors, pop over to Maria Killam’s Blog and subscribe to get her list of Classic and Timeless Neutral Paint Colours (including white) On a related note, why is finding the right White so hard? I know, First World problems.
- I get that our email inboxes are overflowing and need to be culled, but what about something really useful (in addition to the emails from Nourish and Nestle of course!! ?))? In order to grow my mind and expand my vocabulary, I’ve subscribed to receive the Merriam-Webster Word of The Day in my inbox. In case you are curious, today’s WOTD is mea culpa, the Latin translation being ‘through my fault’.
- So, our house goes back on the market soon…as soon as the painters finish, …and the carpenters finish, and the new carpet gets laid, and the roofer finally comes and…well, ‘soon’ might be an exaggeration. BUT, to that end, we’ve been addressing all the little, niggling repairs that have needed to be done FOR.YEARS!
Can I say for the record, “UGH!” We have lived in this house for 14 years and for the entire 14 years our bedroom door wouldn’t stay open without something to prop it open. This weekend I replaced 3 loose hinge screws with 3 longer hinge screws and BAM…the door stays open. Took me all of 10 minutes. It’s that kind of stuff that drives me a little crazy that we didn’t do it sooner.
If you have similar door challenges, I used the suggestions in this video
- If fixing your door makes you feel a little invincible and wanting to tackle other projects, check out this list of 60+ Simple Woodworking Projects.
- Looking for a soul-satisfying, nourishing soup during this cooler months? This Hearty Beef Soup is one of our favs…hands down.
- Related to the house going on the market, and the painting and spiffying of things, my friend Lorena gave me a set of these Super Sliders Furniture Movers. Three words…Get You Some. I have moved all sorts of furniture, by myself AND without gumming up my floors.
- 25 Money Saving Kitchen Tips
- Any foods you’ve stopped buying? This is pretty much my list as well...for pretty much the exact same reasons.
- My Idea of Simple New Year’s Resolutions!
- I got an Instant Pot for Christmas!! So far so good…but would love suggestions for favorite cookbooks, recipes or websites that you Instant Pot Veterans use.
- For you Target Shoppers, do you use their app? Halfway through this article, they discuss the benefits of the app. Other good info in the article too.
Thanks again for spending a few minutes of your busy day with me today.
Please know that I welcome each and every comment that comes my way. If you want to make sure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the beige box up on the right or click here. I usually send out 2-3 emails a week, so I won’t inundate your inbox…believe me, I’m sensitive to an overflowing email inbox!
By subscribing to Nourish and Nestle, we will only use your email address to send you emails (no more than 2-3 per week) that will keep you up to date with the latest news and content on the site. In addition, you will have access to my growing library of knit & crochet patterns, as well as other printables. This library will continue to grow, so check back often.
And please know that you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing me or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all of our emails.
You can access many of the products I refer to in all of my posts on my Nourish and Nestle Amazon Page. You can access it here.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle here or using the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit. I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library. If you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time…