Ideas to Welcome House Guests and make them feel at home, as well as a review of the Dormeo Premium Mattress Topper. From time to time, I work with brands that I think you’ll love. Dormeo, USA sponsored this post, but all the words and opinions are mine.
Now that we have vastly improved the aesthetics of our guest room with a fresh coat of paint, the pillow sham covers, and this bed skirt, we want to make sure that this guest room truly makes our house guests feel welcome and comfortable. It doesn’t take much to say, ‘Hey, we are delighted you are here!’ but what it says to your guests is invaluable.
What Are Some Ways to Make House Guests Feel Welcome and Comfortable?
First things first, make sure there is a comfortable bed for them. At the end of the day, a good night’s sleep will mean more to your guests than just about anything. We are dealing with an old mattress in our guest room; the fact that I don’t really know how long we’ve had it all you need to know. But a better mattress is an expense we didn’t want to undertake at this moment. So, when Dormeo (pronounced Door-May-Oh) reached out to me recently, I knew it was that Kismet angel that often sits on my shoulder.
Dormeo is relatively new in the United States, but those of you in Europe are undoubtedly familiar with them. They brought their sleep technology to the US with their Premium Mattress Topper and pillow. This Mattress Topper and their Premium Duo Pillow are what they recently sent to me to try out. And try it out we did!
So, let’s talk about this Dormeo Premium Mattress Topper and why I’m a fan.
- Those of us who, well, get hot at night 🙋🏻♀️ will REALLY appreciate the patented Octaspring® technology in this topper that actually expels hot, humid air and pull in cool, fresh air. This image shows just how that works…there’s nothing solid to block the airflow unlike your typical memory foam mattress.
- Support for those pressure points! There are three Smart Zones that provide for ergonomic support of your shoulders, hips and back. I am a side sleeper and my hips benefit from the gentle support that my regular mattress doesn’t provide.
- There is an additional 3″ of comforting, air-cooled support to this topper. It is the perfect solution to an old mattress, an uncomfortable sofa bed or even the floor.
- You know when the other person in the bed moves and the whole mattress moves? Well, this Dormeo Mattress Topper evenly distributes the weight so that movement of one person doesn’t transfer!
- The straps securely hold the topper to your mattress so that it doesn’t move.
- The cover of the Dormeo mattress topper not only enhances air circulation and wicks away moisture, but it is machine washable!
- If you still want to cover the whole thing with a mattress pad, I have a deep mattress pad and it had no problem going over everything.
We moved the topper to our guest room, and I feel good knowing that my guests will enjoy a good night’s sleep.
So, after taking care of the bed, what are some other ways to make your house guest feel welcome and comfortable?
Clean and Comfortable sheets (extra points if they smell delicious!)
I have several laundry soaps that I reserve for my linens that are delightfully fragranced. I make sure to give the bedding a good wash in one of those soaps just before guests arrive.
I like a soft pillow while my husband prefers a firm, so I make sure I have different pillow firmness levels for our guests. Not for nothing, the Dormeo’s Premium Duo Pillow has a soft side and a firm side!
A bath towel, hand towel, and washcloth for each guest is an excellent place to start.
Make sure the bathroom is equipped with basic toiletries, just in case.
A luggage rack makes getting to clothes easier than if it were on the floor.
Some hangers and space in the closet are always appreciated.
Information to sign on to WiFi
A selection of books or magazines.
A noise machine.
Inevitably, someone will leave their charging cable at home.
It’s easy to have spare cords on hand. This charging station also eliminates the need for wall sockets.
To refer back to this post on Welcoming Guests in the future, bookmark this page or pin the following image.
Thanks so much for spending a few minutes of your busy day with me!
If you want to ensure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the pale green box on the right or click here. I usually send one email weekly so I won’t inundate your inbox. I’m sensitive to an overflowing email inbox!
We will only use your email address to send you emails, no more than 1-2 weekly. In addition, you will have access to my growing library of knit & crochet patterns and other printables. Check back often as this library will continue to grow. Please know that you can unsubscribe anytime by emailing me or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all emails.
And you can access many of the products I refer to on my Nourish and Nestle Amazon Page. You can access it here.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle here or use the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit.
I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library. If you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time…
Nourish and Nestle is a paid endorser for Dormeo, USA. Nourish and Nestle receives compensation, including free product, for support of Dormeo, USA, and its products.