This easy-to-make DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer cart will keep all your paper, tape, gift tags, and ribbon organized and easy to access and is perfect for wrapping paper storage year-round. I am sharing what I used to make my cart and how I organized it. If you have dreams of organized gift wrap storage dancing in your head along with sugar plums, then this DIY wrapping paper organizer cart will make all your Night before Christmas dreams come true!
I know that I will cause all sorts of jealousy with what I’m going to tell you, but…Momma got a zippy new set of wheels…meet my fancy DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer Cart!
It can go from 0 to 1 in 10 minutes! Not only that, it truly is the perfect wrapping paper organizer!
My little DIY gift wrap cart comes in a fun and snappy candy apple red, and the ‘cargo hold’ is the perfect wrapping paper storage space year-round.
Yes, my friends, I have taken my gift-wrapping game from this HOT MESS…
To this snappy little DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer Cart.
For MANY years, we dealt with a long narrow plastic box whose sole purpose was to keep and organize wrapping paper and wrapping necessities. It didn’t succeed at its sole purpose and resulted in this year after year.
There just wasn’t a place for everything and an easy way to access everything. So I took matters into my own hands and designed a customized DIY Wrapping Paper Storage Cart that was truly functional and an ideal gift wrap organizer.
Details of my DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer Cart:
- The gift wrap stands up straight in the Wrapping Paper Organizer; you can easily see what you have and easily access what you need. I have all my gift bags tucked inside one larger gift bag inside the cart…and when you’re done wrapping, voila! It is also ideal for storage year-round!
glove boxstorage up front holds my tape and random wrapping doodads…
- while the storage in the back of my Wrapping Paper Storage Cart holds folded sheets of tissue paper and a folder of gift tags, receipts, and pens.
- But perhaps the most cherished, invaluable, can’t-live-without, rocks-my-world detail of my new DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer is the retractable scissor holder! This little gem will stretch 4 feet to allow ample room for cutting paper, BUT will prevent the inevitable ‘disappearing scissors’ phenomenon that occurred WHENEVER I would sit down to wrap gifts.
I can’t tell you how much I love my new wheels!
Shockingly, I didn’t have any of these things lying around the house, so I did need to purchase everything. It was a bit of an investment, but five years later, this wrapping paper cart has withstood the test of time and wrapping. I looked at some already-made gift wrap storage and organizers, but I didn’t see how they would change the game for me. I would still need to pull everything out to access the stuff at the bottom of the box or they weren’t as portable as my cart.
You may already have some of these or might want to customize your cart to suit your wrapping needs.
Here’s what I used to make this DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer Cart:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
- Folding Shopping Cart…the one I used is no longer available. But this one looks very similar.
- Retractable Reel for scissors
- Magazine Rack to hold tissue paper and tag folder
- Small Rack for tape and miscellaneous
- Plastic Envelope to hold sheets of tags and loose tags
And as if my wrapping paper supplies weren’t already organized enough…I put together this ribbon tower to corral all my spools of ribbon. Small bungee cords keep the ribbon neat.
Interested in More Decluttering or Organizing Posts?
- Catch up on all 4 weeks of the Unclutter Your Nest Bootcamp here:
- Other Decluttering and Organizing Posts:
Do you have an organized Wrapping Paper setup?
If you want to revisit this DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer Cart in the future, bookmark this page or pin this image.
Thanks so much for spending a few minutes of your busy day with me!
If you want to ensure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the pale green box on the right or click here. I usually send one email weekly so I won’t inundate your inbox. I’m sensitive to an overflowing email inbox!
We will only use your email address to send you emails, no more than 1-2 weekly. In addition, you will have access to my growing library of knit & crochet patterns and other printables. Check back often as this library will continue to grow. Please know that you can unsubscribe anytime by emailing me or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all emails.
And you can access many of the products I refer to on my Nourish and Nestle Amazon Page. You can access it here.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle here or use the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit.
I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library. If you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time…