5 Lifehacks or Tips to make your days easier
Well, we’ve made it to the end of another week and to the beginning of a new month! Why, Hello there November…where'd you come from? We are entering the busy but joyful marathon that is November and December. Yikes! Have you starting laying your plans?
Welcome back for another installment of Five Tips Friday… more easy lifehacks and great ideas with the hopes that a few of them might make your world a little simpler.
And since I’m a a huge believer in crowd sourcing, if you have noodled a way to do something easier or cheaper…please consider passing it on. I’d love to incorporate tips from our readers into the Five Tips Friday list. Email your tips to [email protected]
So, if it…solves a problem, makes life easier, is a less expensive way to do something or saves you money…bring it!
Some of these are affiliate links and I will earn a small commission off of the sale of these products, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
1. If you want to have paperwhites for the holidays, now is the time to start thinking about forcing your paperwhite bulbs inside. Paperwhites will bloom about 4-6 weeks after starting the bulbs indoors, so plan your planting accordingly.
2. Use plastic containers to keep your refrigerator and freezer organized. Grouping like things together in a container makes it easier to find what your looking for in limited space. Also, always use square or rectangle versus round container…they are much more space efficient.
3. Extend the life of your favorite jarred candles by melting down the wax that comes up the side of the jar.
I have found my most favorite scented candle in all the world and it's name is Chesapeake Bay Candle Lavender & Fig. It's not a cheap candle, so I am a bit sensitive about wasting any of it's wonderfulness. When I saw that it had burned such that a good bit of the scented wax was left on the side of the candle, I knew I had to remedy the situation. (as an aside…not sure how that happened anyway!)
I placed the candle in a colander over simmering water until the wax melted from the side and settled back where it belongs…thereby extending the life of my candle. It may only burn an extra hour or so…but hey…that's another hour of my favorite fragrance filling my home.
4. Maybe I'm way late to this show, but did you know that those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are really kinda magic? Our home is on the market and I was running around touching up paint on the walls and trim (hello…18-year old boy) until our realtor told me to just get a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and rub the mark. No joke…90% of the time the dry eraser will get the mark out. If it doesn't, get it damp and try again. I haven't had it not work!
And as a plus, a damp Mr. Clean Magic Eraser was the only thing that I found that would clean the dirty leather seats in my car (hello…18-year old boy PLUS Golden Retriever). The leather cleaner I had been using didn't really touch it. After I used the Magic Eraser I wiped the seats down well with water, dried them and then used the leather cleaner/conditioner.
5. With Thanksgiving less than 3 weeks away (DON'T PANIC! I'M NOT YELLING! WELL, MAYBE I AM!), time to get some of the preparations started. This turkey stock makes the BEST gravy…and if you have any leftover, add it to your Turkey Carcass soup too.
If you want to tuck these 5 Lifehacks or Tips away until you need them, make sure to bookmark this page or pin it for your future reference.
Oh, and don’t forget to send me your lifehack ideas! Send them to [email protected]
Many hugs my friends and wishes for a wonderful fall weekend.