If you’ve been a loyal fan of Parks and Rec, then you are definitely in the know about Galentine’s Day. And even if you haven’t watched the show, chances are good that you’ve heard of Galentine’s Day.
Oh, it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.Leslie Knopes, character on Parks and Rec
I get the whole aversion to made-up, money-making holidays; but Galentine’s Day is a made-up holiday I can get behind. I mean, how is it not a good thing to celebrate our gal pals, those who buoy us on our dark days and celebrate with us on our bright days. Women celebrating women is ALWAYS a good thing.
And while Leslie and her gal pals celebrate with breakfast, you can put any spin on your Galentine’s Day that you’d like.
Galentine’s Day Breakfast Gathering
- If you are taking Leslie’s lead, then it would seem you need to make a frittata or two for your guests. My friend Sheila has two frittata recipes if you need one; a broccoli frittata and a Southwestern frittata and my friend Chellie has this frittata recipe, with bacon, fresh vegetables, and herbs.
- You could serve this Strawberry Jam Cake or these Strawberry Curd Tartlets for the requisite pink or red dessert. Another sweet option would be these little tea cakes.
- Have a Pavlova bar!
- You could serve rosebud green tea or make little sachets of it to give as gifts.
Galentine’s Day Crafts (to give or make at a Galentine’s Gathering)
You have several options here; you could host a Galentine’s Day Craft Gathering and invite several of your gal pals over for treats and crafting. Or, you could make up some of these handmade gift ideas and give them to your friends.
- Host a macaroon making party! These pink Raspberry and Chocolate macaroons are DEE-Licious. Try your hand at them before the party, use the tips I suggest to ensure success each time.
- Cut some of your fabric stash or buy some Valentine inspired fabric into the circles beforehand and invite your friends to a Sachet Making Gathering. Encourage them to paint their own faces on each wooden ball!
- I don’t know a woman who doesn’t welcome some pampering products. This moisturizing heel balm is so easy to make. You could easily make up several tubes to give as gifts or have all the products on hand so your friends can make their own. Have several different essential oils on hand so they can formulate their own personal blend!
- Along the same lines, make tins of hand balm.
- Make up some Chocolate Truffles!
- Buy some rope and print out a chart for everyone so that they can make their own Turk’s Head Knot Trivets! I like these for trivets more than I do for coasters.
- Another fun idea! Invite your friends to bring a nice bowl and provide small ferns, ivies and orchids so that your gal pals can make their own tabletop garden.
No matter what you do, remember to reach out on February 13 to those pals who have stood by you, through thick or through thin. If nothing else, tell them how much they mean to you! ❤ I am blessed to have quite a few in my orbit that I need to send virtual or real hugs to on Galentine’s Day.
Bookmark this page or pin the following image to refer back to these Galentine’s Day ideas in the future.
Thanks so much for spending a few minutes of your busy day with me!
If you want to ensure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the pale green box on the right or click here. I usually send out 2-3 emails a week so that I won’t inundate your inbox. I’m sensitive to an overflowing email inbox!
We will only use your email address to send you emails, no more than 1-2 weekly. In addition, you will have access to my growing library of knit & crochet patterns, as well as other printables. Check back often as this library will continue to grow. Please know that you can unsubscribe anytime by emailing me or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all emails.
And you can access many of the products I refer to on my Nourish and Nestle Amazon Page. You can access it here.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle here or use the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit.
I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library. If you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time…