Good Monday Morning Lovelies!
I trust you had a good weekend; some of you were bracing for the winter storm here in the US, some of you took time to remember the good words and intentions of Martin Luther King, our friends in Australia are gearing up for Australia Day Celebrations this week, our friends in Scotland are preparing their meals for Burns Night this Friday (in celebration of the Scottish poet Robert Burns) and some of my friends in Kansas City and New Orleans are feeling a tad blue this morning. (Nothing against New England, but it’d be nice to see someone other than them in the Super Bowl…just my 2-cents!)
We had our ‘Game Night’ friends over on Friday night, which truly feeds my soul. We stayed up way too late, so I took a long winter’s nap on Saturday and oversaw our painting crew (yes…they are still here!). Then, we jumped out into the yard on Sunday, before the cold weather arrived, and did a little seasonal cleaning.
Our weather thus far has been seasonal, but on the warm side, so my forsythia has set buds. With our temperatures dropping to the 20’s last night and tonight, I opted to trim some of the forsythia branches, thinking that they would lose their buds in the low temps and in the hopes that I could force them indoors. We’ll see…think it was on the early side, but figured it was worth a chance.
Some of these links may be affiliate links and I may earn a small commission off of the sale of these products, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
- For those of you smack in the midst of decluttering your world, Questions to Ask Before Decluttering.
- And in the spirit of decluttering and in case you missed it…we are tackling our technology and digital declutter. Here is week one and I’ll be coming back with 5 more ideas/suggestions this week.
- I love the idea of #JanStewary! I have several different soups frozen, so I’m thawing 3 different ones right now for lunch and dinner tonight. (This is also helping me continue to work down my freezer) When we’ve worked through them, I will make this Hearty Beef Soup or Creamy Tomato Soup (low fat, diary free and gluten free!)
Both great winter-time, feed your mind and body soups.
- Why Time Passes Faster as you Age.
- Not for nothing, Amazon has their Electric Car Blankets on sale right now, 50% off.
- The Same Sunrise (and Frito-scented Bassett Hound!)
- Uses for Rubbing Alchohol.
- Some Great Photography that will surely make you smile.
- Still have your Christmas Cards lying around? 51 Great Ways to Repurpose them.
- Thanks to Mother Nature for bringing us bright and sunny citrus fruits in the dead of winter. Make some Marmalade with the bounty…maybe it will encourage warmer and sunnier days.
Thanks again for spending a few minutes of your busy day with me today.
Please know that I welcome each and every comment that comes my way. If you want to make sure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the beige box up on the right or click here. I usually send out 2-3 emails a week, so I won’t inundate your inbox…believe me, I’m sensitive to an overflowing email inbox!
By subscribing to Nourish and Nestle, we will only use your email address to send you emails (no more than 2-3 per week) that will keep you up to date with the latest news and content on the site. In addition, you will have access to my growing library of knit & crochet patterns, as well as other printables. This library will continue to grow, so check back often.
And please know that you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing me or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all of our emails.
You can access many of the products I refer to in all of my posts on my Nourish and Nestle Amazon Page. You can access it here.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle here or using the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit. I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library. If you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time…