Welcome to the new week! It’s going to be a great one, I just know it. And Happy Thanksgiving to our friends in Canada!
Terry and I have designated this week as our Fall ‘Week of Work’. We try to do one of these weeks each season to tackle the little nagging home-maintenance chores that never seem to get done on the weekends.
This week, the big projects are tackling our attic and garage, in addition to some yard maintenance. Our attic is a hot mess…we were storing the furniture and household items for both our children, but we haven’t had the chance to go back and organize now that their stuff is gone. We’ve been waiting for the cooler fall weather to jump in and do it, and now we have no excuse. I’m actually really excited to dive into the attic! But, if you don’t hear from me next week, send out the search dogs!
Some of these are affiliate links, and I will earn a small commission off of the sale of these products, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
- We are going to go over this list of questions to ask when decluttering to keep ourselves focused and productive and this Declutter the Attic checklist. I need to put it on my to-do list to make that list of questions into a printable!
- Speaking of attics, we had a door sitting in our attic for years until I got an idea! I now sit at that door everyday to work!
- Y’uns guys/Y’all/You need to check this dialect quiz out! It’s a little uncanny. I lived in 8 different parts of the world growing up, from the West Coast to the East Coast, from Hawaii & Guam to Newport, Rhode Island, and many places in between. I took the quiz and it picked Virginia Beach, VA, one of the cities that we lived in while I was growing up! One tip, think of your answer before looking at the options. And I’m thinking it probably only applies to continental U.S. dialects.
- Oh my heavens, I absolutely LOVE this! One of our readers, Kate, used the Chunky Stocking pattern as a jumping-off point for her own Christmas Stocking. And check it out! You could have so much fun with this huge stocking, I’m thinking it’d be a great ‘reusable’ gift wrap for a large item under the tree.
She was kind enough to write down her pattern, so let me know if you would like me to send it to you.
- Given how busy my hands/fingers are and how I really don’t like to wear gloves, I struggle with dry cuticles, knuckles, and fingertips. I formulated this moisturizing balm to help; it’s not an overall hand lotion, just a thicker balm to target the really dry areas. It is easy to make and easy to customize with essential oils and makes great gifts!
- We are slowly growing our Etsy store, this is the latest addition.
- This Amaretti Cookie was featured on a recipe site last week and received lots of well-deserved attention! 😊 It’s a great recipe to add to your cookie recipe inventory as it is quick to make and oh-so-delicious. And not for nothing, if you need to mail cookies over the holidays, it’s a great one for that as well.
- Savory Red Onion Jam may just be the missing ingredient for the world’s best hamburgers, steak sandwiches, pizzas, and appetizers. Just saying…
- This time of the year I find myself eating down the fridge and freezer in anticipation of filling it back up! This fromage fort is a great way to use up those bits & bobs of cheese that may be lingering in your freezer or refrigerator.
- How does your cast iron look? Be honest now. Get it in tip-top shape with these tips.
Well, my friends, you know where I’ll be in just a bit! I know cleaning the attic is not everyone’s idea of fun, but I’m pretty excited about it.
I hope you put yourself somewhere that you are excited to be over the next couple of days.
Wishing you a great week!