News from the Nest, November 1
My mind is spinning…November? How did that happen? I swear we were celebrating the Fourth of July just last week!
Oh well, there’s nothing for it but to embrace November and all it has to offer.
As you read this, assuming you are reading it on Monday, November 1, we are making our way back home from a quick visit to Philadelphia. Coincidentally, both our daughter and a production of the musical ‘Hamilton happen to be in Philly at the same time, so we decided…’Heck…what better city to see Hamilton in!?’ This was Terry’s requested birthday present, so I am glad we were able to make it happen.
And suffice it to say, it was wonderful! Now I need to get the soundtrack so that I can learn every single line as I did with ‘Les Miserables’.
- As promised, I published my Christmas Tree Knit Pillow Pattern last week. If you are looking for a little knit holiday cheer for your home or to give as a gift this year, then you need to download this pattern, nab some yarn and warm up your needles. Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you…pom poms are involved!
- I always make these Amaretti Cookies for Christmas, but I can see that with their lovely and sparkly powder sugar topping, they would be lovely for an engagement party as well. And they are so easy to make. Thanks for the kind comment, Lucy.
I made these cookies for an engagement party. They were delicious, exactly as described, slightly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They were beautiful and several people requested the recipe.
- I have started gathering the ingredients for this White Fruitcake. It is so very moist, delicious and easy to make. Just don’t forget to let those dried fruits hang out in the Brandy Spa for a couple of days!
Some Thanksgiving-ish things for your reading pleasure:
- Thanksgiving Wine Labels
- Thanksgiving Preparation Tips and Checklist
- Turkey Stock for the best gravy
- Spiced Cranberry Conserve (can it or not...up to you)
- Use a vintage teapot to serve your gravy. It keeps your gravy warm and makes it easier and neater to serve.
Well, my friends, while I always love to travel I am equally thrilled to be back home, in my own bed, with my 4-legged loves. This trip was the first of 4 trips over the next 5 weeks! I’m going to soak up being home while I can.