Good Morning, my friends.
If I’m honest, lately it is getting harder and harder to muster the ‘good’ in the morning. I tell myself that I am going to turn off the news, but doing that doesn’t stop the bad from happening in our world. These are the times when it is easier to feel hopeless than it is to feel hopeful. 🎗
I mean, what can I do from my home to ease the anger, heartbreak, and suffering throughout the world. I’ve always held that dropping my pebble of kindness into the world’s pond would surely ripple out, touching someone who needed it. Then that person would feel compelled to drop their pebble into the pond and slowly but surely ripples of empathy and warmth would touch more and more people. But man, sometimes I feel that my pebble and my ripple just aren’t up to the challenge.
I guess we have two options really; a) to stop dropping pebbles or b) to drop more pebbles. I’m going with option b, if for no other reason than I don’t want to be person a.
Before I go on with this short history, let me make a general observation– the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise. This philosophy fitted on to my early adult life, when I saw the improbable, the implausible, often the “impossible,” come true.F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Thank you to all of you who shared what brought you joy or gave you hope last week! I haven’t been able to respond to every one of you yet, but I did read them all. If you want to give yourself a little joy jumpstart today, pop back to last week and read them. I’m tickled to announce that Natalie won the contest. It’s obvious that this zippered pouch is a popular item, I’ll be doing more giveaways soon. Don’t fret.
- It has taken me a year to publish this post on how to make a very easy, yet very functional bed skirt. While normally that wouldn’t be a good thing, in this case it is. Over the year I realized that I need to make a little tweak that I think makes the whole project much better. In fact, I’m getting ready to repeat the whole process in our master bedroom. You can see the easy DIY Bed Skirt post here and the Euro Sham Post here.
- Seems like a Brownie Brittle kind of day!
- Are you starting ot get glimpses of Spring where you are? I am seeing blades of green in my otherwise brown yard and the daffodils are in full flower. You know what that means! Time to start thinking of your Container Gardens!
- Another Spring project are these easy to make moss balls!
- This monogram pillow was actually quite fun to make and great ‘in front of the TV’ project.
- If you are planning on some travel this Spring, make sure you read these Organized Travel tips and nab the packing printables.
- As you begin to transition your closest from winter to spring, make sure to take a few steps to moth proof your precious woolens.
Well, my friends,
I feel better just chatting with you! My wish is that you continue to see hope!