A free pattern for a waffle stitch knit dishcloth pattern. An optional crochet edging finishes this washcloth nicely.
I have had this little waffle stitch knit washcloth on my to-do list for too long. Once I sat down and started this little project, it was a very quick knit. Simple knit and purl stitches result in a reversible knit washcloth…and you know I love my reversible knits! The simple stitches also make this a great project for new knitters, looking for ways to stretch beyond stockinette.
And not for nothing, the waffle stitch results in a knit fabric that doesn’t curl!
Materials Needed for two 11” by 11” Dishcloths
- 1 skein worsted weight (4), 100% cotton yarn. I use Lily Sugar ’n Cream. 200 yards makes 2
- • Size US 6/UK 8/ 4.00mm knitting needles, or to fit the gauge
- • 3.75mm crochet hook (G6)
• K – Knit
• P – Purl
• SC – Single Crochet
• CS – Crochet Chain Stitch
Instructions for Waffle Stitch Dish Cloth
Cast on 52 stitches ( a multiple of 3 plus 1)
• Row 1 *K1, P2, repeat from *, K1
• Row 2 P1, *K2, P1, repeat from *
• Row 3 K
• Row 4 P
• Repeat these four rows 18 times for an 11” by 11” dishcloth.
• Bind off. If you will be adding a crochet edge in the same color, then don’t tie off after the last
stitch. Just slip your knitting needle out of the last stitch and slip your crochet hook in. If you
will be using a different color yarn for the edge, then tie off your yarn.
• While this is a reversible knit pattern, chose the side you want to be the right side. With the
right side facing you, go down about 1/2” from the corner, on the side of the dishcloth to begin
adding the crochet edge using SC, working 4 stitches into each corner.
• If you are unfamiliar with adding crochet to knit projects, check out this post on adding a crochet edge to your knitted piece.
You can access the printable version of the pattern in the Subscriber Library. Or, you can click the button below sent directly to your inbox.
If You Want to Gift Your Waffle Stitch Knit Washcloths
Looking for more knitted dishcloth patterns? I’ve got you covered!
- Hand Knit Washlcoth
- Chinese Wave Washcloth
- Daisy Stitch Dishcloth
- Diagonal Basketweave Dishcloth
- Bridget Dishcloth
- Easy Garter Stitch
Bookmark this page or pin the following image to refer back to this Waffle Stitch Knit Dishcloth Pattern in the future.
Thanks so much for spending a few minutes of your busy day with me!
If you want to make sure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the pale green box on the right or click here. I usually send out 2-3 emails a week so that I won’t inundate your inbox. I’m sensitive to an overflowing email inbox!
We will only use your email address to send you emails, no more than 1-2 per week. In addition, you will have access to my growing library of knit & crochet patterns, as well as other printables. Check back often as this library will continue to grow. Please know that you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing me or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all emails.
And, you can access many of the products I refer to on my Nourish and Nestle Amazon Page. You can access it here.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle here or use the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit.
I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library. If you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time…