Good In-Three-Short-Weeks-It-Will-Be-Christmas-Eve Monday Morning! I know, that might be too much to handle on a Monday morning, but…there it is!
- Well, the house is all decorated for Christmas…just in time for the painters, carpenters and drywall guys to come this morning to repair the damage from the Hurricane back in September. I should’ve known that the quickest way to get them to come would be to get all my decorations up! Obviously, I really should have decorated back in October! C’est la Vie!
They promise me they will be done before my party next week…anyone taking bets?
And I’ve got to say, I am really quite zen about it. Not sure my 30-year old self would’ve been quite so calm at the thought of potential scaffolding and lots of dust one week before a party. But, with age comes perspective. And truly, we just had a Hurricane…I am blessed to be in my own home. And I’m not sure any of my friends would blink an eye at the sight of scaffolding at a party given all the repairs being done at their homes.
- Did you hear, did you hear? Hugh Jackman will be going on tour next year, just him! He’ll be singing Broadway songs…just him! Oh, be still my heart. Tickets go on sale this Thursday!!! The Man, The Music, The Show is the name of the tour. Terry, and possibly Alexa, are thrilled for Christmas to have arrived so that they can take a break from The Greatest Showman Soundtrack.
So, what did the internet offer up this week?
Well, for starters…
Some of these links may be affiliate links and I may earn a small commission off of the sale of these products, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
- What better way to kick off a Monday than this video. I could watch videos like this ALL DAY LONG…which might explain why I don’t accomplish as much as I set out to.
- Wouldn’t you love to be whisked away to a Castle somewhere in Europe for a sumptuous meal without even leaving your seat? Take a look at this dining room by Anita.
- Spruce up (pun intended) a plain old faux greenery wreath!
- Let this just sit on your tongue a minute…Mini Gingerbread Cakes with Lemon Glaze.
- Or how about this one…Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Eggnog Glaze? Notice a trend here?
- I LOVE this! And I would do it in a minute. You?
- I found this gift wrap on Paper Source and for $5.95 and I’m thrilled with my new Christmas picture. It fills a space that needed ‘something’.And if you need a frame, they are on sale now at Michaels. The one to fit this 20″ by 28″ wrap was less than $30. And…bonus tip…avoid the lines by ordering online and picking up in the store!!
- I finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and very much enjoyed it. Just an encouraging and fun read about the ability to triumph over difficulty. Now I am on to an oldie but goodie, but one I hadn’t read before…A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving. I loved Ciderhouse Rules when I read it years ago and hoping to fall in love with these characters as well. So far, so good
There you have it, my friends. I need to go cover my painting, pictures, and decorations as the crew should be here in an hour. Wonder if I should try to drape the Christmas tree or…hear me out here…maybe…the dust from the sanding might just look like snow on the tree? Hmmm…silver linings!
Have a fantastic Monday!
Thanks again for spending a few minutes of your busy day with me today.
Please know that I welcome each and every comment that comes my way. If you want to make sure you don’t miss future content, pop your email in the beige box up on the right or click here. I usually send out 2-3 emails a week, so I won’t inundate your inbox…believe me, I’m sensitive to an overflowing email inbox!
By subscribing to Nourish and Nestle, we will only use your email address to send you emails (no more than 2-3 per week) that will keep you up to date with the latest news and content on the site. In addition, you will have access to my growing library of knit & crochet patterns, as well as other printables. This library will continue to grow, so check back often.
And please know that you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing me or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all of our emails.
You can access many of the products I refer to in all of my posts on my Nourish and Nestle Amazon Page. You can access it here.
So, if you’d like to get in on the ‘subscriber benefit’ action, simply subscribe to Nourish and Nestle here or using the form on the right sidebar. It’s towards the top a bit. I have sent all my subscribers the link to the Subscriber Benefits Library. If you missed it or misplaced it, drop me a line.
Until next time…