Hello from somewhere between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, NC!
We made a quick up and back to attend the Philadelphia Flower Show. Our plan was to take my mom, but mid-week she hurt her knee and decided she was better served to remain at home.
I hate that she missed it because it was quite spectacular, like Disneyland for plant lovers. Here’s a fun fact; the Philadelphia Horticultural Society has been in existence for 200 years and this was the 193rd Philadelphia Flower Show. Here in the U.S….that’s considered a very long time!
The show was a delightful combination of the fanciful and the practical. If you could make it with plant elements, it was there.
Everywhere I turned there was inspiration that I would love to incorporate into my own garden.
I saw many plant combinations that I am going to work into my flower garden.
I took over 200 photos that I haven’t had the chance to go through yet, but stay tuned. I’ll be sharing lots of ideas in the near future with you.
- With all the travel we have been doing lately, both our wallets and our waistlines suffer if we don’t plan our meals ahead of time. Don’t get me wrong, Philly is a great food time and we fully take advantage of it. But what we don’t do is then hit the fast food while in transit; instead, I pack a light lunch for us to eat in the car. Wraps are the travel food that works for us. Check out this post for a variety of filling ideas for wraps.
- I tucked some wraps, raw spinach, and a container of hummus into our cooler when we left home and it was easy to put these hummus wraps together before we hit the road this morning.
- Hallelujah! It’s Blueberry Season for us in the Northern Hemisphere. Here are some great recipes to enjoy these little blue balls of deliciousness!
- Do you need a Father’s Day gift for someone who loves to spend time in the kitchen? Check out this list of Gifts for Foodie Guys for inspiration.
- If you’ll be grilling burgers anytime soon, check out these tips for great burgers and get the recipe for this burger seasoning.
- Is someone in your family planning to move to their first apartment? This checklist will help them make sure they have the basic necessities for a first apartment.
- Learn How to Knit this summer.
- And if you are already a knitter, make sure to nab this free Knit Planner and Organizer!
Well, my lovelies, we will get home mid-afternoon and I’ll be glad to see my 4-legged loves, Flora and Peep. I have several posts that I need to spend a little time to get published for you, so I hope to get them out this week.
Wishing you a great week.