“This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.”Maya Angelou
I hope your Monday is off to a FANTASTIC start! 🌞
We are coming off a lovely weekend! For a couple whose default weekend mode is comfy clothes and ‘stay-at-home’, this was a busy weekend. On Friday, we gathered with our ‘game night’ friends for a night of delicious food, rejuvenating fellowship, huge laughter, and our go-to card game. 🃏 On Saturday, we attended the wedding of a beautiful young lady who we watched grow up through swim team meets over the years. Then on Sunday, I was excited to learn a little about painting with watercolors in a fun class.
I tend to think about my busyness in terms of makeup! I could go many days without makeup, but this was a three makeup-day stretch! Phew…that’s a lot of mascara!
Some of these are affiliate links, and I will earn a small commission off the sale of these products, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
zippered pouch winners
I love giveaways!
It was fun reading all your comments and I guess I was a little surprised at the OVERWHELMING favorite zippered pouch saying. I guess it shouldn’t surprise me because it is probably the phrase that knitters
hiss lovingly say most often, “Shhhh, I’m counting!”
- The Random Number Generator selected Elly Lowry and Susan Hunt as winners! If you two would email me your address and what zippered pouch saying you would like, I’ll get those in the works for you.
Just a reminder, Thanksgiving is next week. 😮 I know, right!?
- If you will be a guest at a Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving meal, print off some of these wine tags to take with your bottle of wine.
- This Cranberry Apple Banana Bread was a regular in our kitchen on Thanksgiving morning.
- All-Clad and Williams-Sonoma brand roasting pans are on a pretty good sale right now…up to 50% off!
soak up all the pumpkin things!
We are getting ready to shift from pumpkin spice to gingerbread spice! Want to enjoy a few pumpkin-y things before the shift?
- You will love these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. If you have a dessert table for Thanksgiving, this would be a great addition.
- A breakfast including these Pumpkin Doughnut Holes will get the day started on the right note!
- Flora says, “Dogs love Pumpkin, too!”
- I finally had a chance to publish the video showing how to knit in the round with double-pointed needles that accompanied this DPN post. You can save the video to your Pinterest board for easy access.
- I can’t tell you how much I LOVE that this blog serves as a clearinghouse for the fantastic ideas of our readers. Katherine has brilliantly upcycled the fabric bags that often accompany shoes and lingerie. She purchased iron-on Christmas patches to cover the company logo and will use them to give gifts this year. What a brilliant way to upcycle perfectly good bags.
- Knit a Christmas tree pillow for your home or to give as a gift.
- This Santa’s Sweet Shoppe window is one of my all-time favorite projects.
- Do you have book lovers on your gift list? There are some fantastic suggestions in this list of bibliophile gift ideas. The Jane Eyre phone case cover is hugely popular!
- If you will be a guest sometime over the holidays, this list of great Hostess Gifts will be handy.
last, but not least
Well, friends. I’m off to breakfast with friends (make-up free!) and then I need to get busy. I’ve got a darling embroidered Christmas tree project for you coming up, in addition to some scrumptious chocolate sugar cookie ‘presents’.