Happy October, my friends!
October has always been the busiest month of the year in my world; a fun busy with birthdays, end-of-season yardwork, football, and travel, but still busy. Do you find it a crazy, busy month too?
And I’ve always thought of October as the ‘eve’ of the busy holiday month of November and December. I start getting my act together for the holidays by beginning gift idea lists, planning meals, planning baking, etc…
On a completely unrelated note, are you familiar with the Latin phrase, Omne Trium Perfectum? Simply translated, “everything that comes in three is perfect”. Storytellers, writers, and marketers have long incorporated this rule of threes into their work.
Some examples are ‘Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness’, ‘Veni, Vidi, Vici’, the three ghosts that visit Ebeneezer Scrooge, the quote ‘Third time’s a charm’, the Three Little Pigs, and the Three Musketeers. The Bible has multiple references to the power of threes; The Trinity and the Three Wiseman for example. When you start paying attention, you’ll notice many examples of the Rules of Three.
With that in mind, let’s have some fun with these perfect sets of three!
Some of these links may be affiliate links and I may earn a small commission off of the sale of these products to help defray the costs of operating this site, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
Three Sweet Knit Baby Blanket Patterns
- The Grace Baby Blanket is an easy knit baby blanket features rosebuds scattered throughout the body of the blanket and an oh-so-sweet crochet ruffle edge to finish it off.
- The Argyle Baby Blanket uses a simple Argyle Pattern. a Diamond Seed Stitch border, and a Crochet Picot Edge. The basic knit and purl pattern creates the Argyle pattern, a reversible knit stitch pattern.
- The Cloverleaf Baby Blanket is a charming knit baby blanket pattern using the cloverleaf eyelet stitch and finished using a cloverleaf crochet edge. This sweet blanket makes the perfect gift for the new baby in your world.
Three Pup-licious Dog Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Dog Treats are easy to make, nutritional and tasty. This post also discusses grains that you can use in your pumpkin dog biscuits and how to keep your homemade dog treats from molding.
- Cheddar Cheese Dog Treats is a simple recipe for how to make your own homemade dog treats with cheese. Perfect for training your puppy, gifting or anytime. Our Flora loves her cheese flavored dog treats
- Three-Ingredient Dog Treats are easy to make with items you most likely have in your kitchen. The ingredients are easily substituted and suggestions for substitutions are included.
Three Fun Fall Finds
Three Delicious Bar Cookie Recipes
- In my mind, the perfect Pumpkin Cheesecake Bar would have a crumb crust (check), a moist and spiced pumpkin layer (check), a tangy cheesecake layer (check) and crumbles on top (check)…yup these bars check all the boxes.
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars All the deliciousness of the Snickerdoodle without the work…let’s just go ahead and call them the Lazy Girl’s Snickerdoodle Cookie! ?
- Substituting brown sugar for white sugar gives this classic Date Nut Bar recipe a deeper, richer flavor with just a hint of molasses.
Three Easy and Useful Handmade Gift Ideas
- These handmade Scented Drawer Sachets make a lovely gift and can be personalized with the recipient’s hair and eye color.
- Lavender and Buckwheat Neckwrap Not only is this neck wrap microwaveable but it can also be kept in the freezer for a cold neck or shoulder wrap as necessary. The addition of lavender makes this DIY heat pack all the more relaxing.
- We give jars of these easy to make and delicious Rosemary Walnuts at Christmas, though there is not reason they shouldn’t be given and enjoyed year-round!
Three Handy Printables
- Check out these suggestions for an organized Thanksgiving and print off the 2021 Thanksgiving Checklist for a (relatively) stress-free and relaxed Thanksgiving.
- I refer to this Equivalents Chart multiple times a week. Once less thing for my cluttered mind to have to remember.
- These printable tags and wraps elevate the giving of your handknit projects.
Well, that was a pretty fun exercise! I’m thinking the Rule of Three may make an appearance more often!
I wish you a day of peace, contentment, and happiness.