Hello from San Diego! We lived here for a while when I was younger, and my dad was stationed at Point Loma. But I haven’t been back for many years. The weather is unbelievably gorgeous…I clearly understand why folks want to move here. We are visiting our youngest, who flew the nest and landed here working in the tech industry.
We’ve eaten (a lot), toured the Midway Museum, went to Coronado, and attended a Padres game. Today we head up the coast for a few days in La Jolla.
a little retrospective
I’ve been in this little online magazine ‘business’ for seven years! When I reflect on those seven years, I’ve seen both my children graduate from high school and college. One lives in San Diego doing his tech thing, and the other is pursuing her medical career in Philly. In the seven years my dad was diagnosed with, suffered and died from Alzheimer’s. We have moved homes and are slowly making our new home ‘ours.’ We all struggled through the worldwide pandemic together and came out the other side together. I met a group of women in the same business that I meet with most weeks and with whom I’ve gathered in person. I’ve been introduced to many of you such that when I receive emails from you, I know where you live and a little about you and consider you my friend.
Just last week received an email asking me if I would consider selling Nourish and Nestle, and in all honesty, I deleted it without a second thought. I truly enjoy this little job and would miss creating, writing, and connecting with you all!
so, what have we been up to these past seven years?
Over 6 million people have come to Nourish and Nestle to read one of the 737 posts I’ve published! And these posts have covered the gamut from recipes to knit projects to decluttering and everything in between. I think it is fair to say I don’t like to be pigeonholed!
Let’s take a look at a smattering of those 737 posts.
from the kitchen
four dog treat recipes:
fourteen jam, jelly, and conserve recipes:
- No Pectin Blueberry Jam with Chamomile
- Easy Plum Jam
- Mulled Wine Jelly
- Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Fig Conserves
- Pear Jam with Dried Cranberries & Ginger
- Apricot Jam Recipe with Thyme
- Sunny Navel Orange Marmalade Recipe
- Spicy, Smoky Tomato Jam Recipe
- Rum Spiced Pear Jam
- Savory Red Onion Jam
- Spiced Winter Cranberry Conserve
- Spiced Golden Plum Jam
from the craft room
eight (mostly) knit washcloth or dishcloth patterns
- Waffle Stitch Knit Dishcloth Pattern
- Dishcloth Knitting Pattern: Easy Garter Stitch
- The Bridget Knit Washcloth Pattern: Quick and Easy
- Double Seed Stitch Hand Knit Washcloths
- Crochet Washcloth Pattern Using Lemon Peel Stitch
- Diagonal Basket Weave Washcloth
- Daisy Stitch Knit Washcloth Pattern
- Chinese Wave Knit Washcloth Pattern
two potholder patterns (1 knit, 1 crochet)
thirteen handmade gift ideas
(of course, the potholders, washcloths, and blankets are also fantastic handmade gift ideas)
- Coasters & Trivets using Turk’s Head Knot
- Gingerbread Man Candles
- Wine Stoppers
- Leather Cord Keepers
- Mulling Spices Recipe: an Easy Gift Idea
- Heated Neck Wrap with Buckwheat & Lavender
- Toasted Walnuts with Rosemary: an easy recipe
- Scented Sachets with Lavender
- DIY Gift Bags for the Holidays
- Christmas Money Gift Envelopes
- Hand Balm Recipe
- Heel Balm Recipe
- Herbal Bath Salts Recipe
planning, organizing, decluttering, and cleaning
more than eleven posts
- 50 Household Chores List: 15-minutes or less
- Declutter Challenge over 6 Weeks
- Simplify Your Life to Reduce Stress
- Easily Organize Table Linens
- How to Declutter: 10 Questions to Ask Yourself
- Ultimate 2021 Holiday Planner: Tips & Checklist
- DIY Wrapping Paper Organizer Cart
- 49 Quick Household Tasks: 15 Minutes or Less
- Organized Travel Tips
- 10 Downsizing Tips for Your Home
- Where to Donate and Recycle Household Items
Well, my friends, thanks for sticking with me for these past seven years. You give me purpose and motivate me to bring you creative ideas, delicious recipes, and other useful information.
Wishing you a week of joy.