Happy October, Friends!
I hope this finds you enjoying the beginning of a new week. I’m especially sending well wishes and prayers to my friends who are recovering from the destruction of Ian. We are driving home from Philadelphia this morning in wet weather as Ian still holds on.
we have a winner!
Thanks to everyone who entered the Bellemain Lidded Bowl giveaway last week! The grand winner is Heidi Mark!🎈🎉🎈
new on the blog
- As promised, and by the skin of my teeth, we have a new knit pattern! This is the first hat pattern I’ve published, but it won’t be the last. I wanted to do a quick knit for those of you looking for knit projects to give as gifts for the upcoming holidays, and a hat seemed a good one. With the added pom, this is not just a run-of-the-mill hat!
In truth, I’ve had the hat finished for a little bit but needed my daughter’s head as a model, so I took the pictures this weekend in Philly.
- If you are unfamiliar with or need a refresher knitting in the round, I’ve got you covered. Check out this Knitting In the Round with Circular Needles post.
using the rest of your garden harvest
- Use some of your green tomatoes to make this Shrimp and Grits recipe. It’s enough to make you look forward to the end of tomato season!
- More recipes that use green tomatoes
- If your garden is anything like mine, your jalapeños are still producing:
Wow, I made your Jalapeno Cheese Spread for our book club meeting yesterday and everyone loved it. I will be sharing your recipe with them all.Lori
cold and wet weather meals
I did a little ‘yippee’ when I saw that our overnight low in Wilmington will be 49°! If your temperatures are cooling and you are looking for some soul and heart-warming meals, check these out:
decluttering before the holidays
To be completely honest, I am clutter-averse. I feel I am always in decluttering mode and mindful of what I bring into our home. I honestly feel that the more stuff in my home, the more I need to tend to and give my attention to it.
That being said, despite my best intentions and practices, clutter does have a way of creeping up!
Terry and I have a ‘Week of Work’ scheduled in two weeks, and some of our to-do list includes some serious decluttering of our master closet.
If you are feeling the need to do some decluttering before the holidays, some of these posts may be helpful to you.
- Decluttering your bedrooms and bathrooms
- Decluttering your den and linen closet
- Decluttering your kitchen and laundry room
- Office and craft room decluttering
- Cleaning up your PCs and mobile devices
- Decluttering your attic and garage
- Questions to ask when decluttering
Well, my friends. Have the most wonderful week!