Welcome Back and Happy Monday!
I’m actually a bit surprised that I’m sitting at my computer this morning! After 14 hours of travel yesterday, I got home at 8:30 p.m., took a shower and went to bed. But my internal alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 and since it is Monday after all, I must sit at my computer and write to you!
This will be a really quick newsletter today…I’ve got an hour before I need to finish the laundry, repack my suitcase, take a shower and be in the car by 8:30 this morning to head back to the airport to fly to California to help our son move back to North Carolina!
So, quick and dirty. Had fun this weekend, need to figure out better travel plans next year. Saw my brother and nephew and some of my sorority sisters. Game was too close for comfort. There was MUCH uproarious laughter. I think my brother and nephew may have PTSD from the weekend.
New on the Blog
- Delicious, tender, and moist Italian-style, oven-baked meatballs! We make them big, but you don’t have to! I’ve also included directions for oven frying. Make a double or triple batch…your future self will thank you!
- And you can’t have good meatballs without a world-class Marinara sauce and this is a winner!
From the Knit Studio
Some of these links may be affiliate links and I may earn a small commission off of the sale of these products to help defray the costs of operating this site, but the price you are charged is not affected. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
- Check out what Kathy gives all the participants for her family’s Cousin Baking Day! First of all, can we all agree that Cousins Baking Day sounds like the best day ever? Our Garter Stitch Washcloth Pattern and this Bridget Washcloth Pattern would knit up quickly and be super cute with the yarn Kathy used, which is Sugar n’ Cream Mistletoe.
- No matter what you knit for Christmas gifts this year, make sure to nab our free, printable Christmas gift tags, especially for handmade knit gifts.
From the Kitchen
- This 15-Bean soup is perfect for Fall and Winter dinners. Make it healthier with smoked turkey, but use what you have.
- Many of us enjoyed this Spiked Warm Apple Cider at our tailgate this weekend! It has become a tradition!
- If you are an olive lover, you will love roasted olives!
- And, last but not least, Pumpkin Cheesecake bars are ubiquitous with fall days!
From the Arts + Crafts Studio
- Make a bulletin board to display your family’s past Christmas Cards...a bit of walk down memory road!
House and Home
Well my friends, my timer is going off! There are a few things I didn’t get to, including my monthly book ‘review.’ I’ll get that done and include the link in next week’s newsletter.
Thanks for your patience.