Happiest of Mornings, my friends!
Well, I am told that here in the Northern Hemisphere, spring officially arrived at 11:33 yesterday morning! Is it feeling spring-y where you are? Rather surprisingly, this morning is the coldest morning we’ve had in weeks, but I’ll take their word for it.
Spring will come and so will happiness. Hold on. Life will get warmer.Anita Krizzan
For our friends in the Southern Hemisphere, today is the first day of fall! Are you doing all the pumpkin spice and apple things?
My dad, who was career Navy, often used the term OBE (overtaken by events) when describing an event that didn’t go as planned. I think it is fair to say that our planned week of work was OBE. We did manage to check off a few things on our to-do list, but the weather wasn’t too cooperative and Terry needed to make an unplanned trip out of town. C’est la vie! In all honesty, we did tick off the most important things. And I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to take down the glass tub enclosures in two of our bathrooms! I’ll post that soon.
I have so many projects that are 👌🏻 this close to being finished so that I can share them with you.
- I did manage to publish a new washcloth pattern. I have had this Waffle Stitch Knit Dishcloth Pattern on my to-do list for over a year! I am partial to a reversible knit stitch for blankets and washcloths; I like that both sides are lovely!
- And if you have followed me for any time, you know I am also partial to a crochet edge on my blankets and washcloths. I just think it finishes them off so nicely. But I also know that many of my knit friends are hesitant to jump on the crochet bandwagon. For those crochet-averse among you, I’ve prepared a little post and video to show you just how easy it is. C’mon, give it a try!
- But, if crochet is just a bridge too far, you could always add a knit border with an applied i-cord.
- And don’t forget to nab your free washcloth gift ‘wraps’ if you do plan on giving some as gifts!
Ready to do a little Spring Cleaning?
- Join our 6-week Declutter Challenge to receive free printable sheets suggesting items that can be removed from each room of the house. These are items that if ‘re-homed’ or trashed, you most likely won’t even miss.
- Put together a little paint touch-up kit to take from room to room with you.
- Read this post on how to keep clothes moths out of your home before you store your winter cloths.
- Don’t have time to set aside days? Carve out 15 minutes here and there.
- 49 Household Tasks That Take 15 minutes or less.
- 50+ More Household Tasks That Take 15 minutes or less.
- Are you trying to drink more water? Fruit-infused ice cubes make it so much more enjoyable!
- Do you have a Candlewick or Chenille Bedspread languishing in your attic? If not, you may want to keep your eye open the next time you are in a thrift store; they make great hand towels!
For my First Day of Spring friends…
- Lemon Icebox Cookies
- Vanilla Teacakes with Lavender Glaze
- Rosemary Lemon Scones
- Individual Fruit Pavlovas
For my First Day of Fall friends…
Well my friends, wishing you a wonderful first full week of Spring (or of Fall)!